Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On the Road Again

Over the past 10 months I have officially had 5 different addresses. To put my feelings about this plainly...IT SUCKS! I hate packing, moving, starting over, finding jobs, making new friends, learning new places, changing mailing addresses, UNpacking, etc. The whole process just brings on a plethora of negative emotions. To top it all off, every time I move I end up doubting myself. Is this right? Am I really supposed to be here? What if I could have had a better job there or built better relationships somewhere else? Well, a week or two ago I moved to Evanston where Josh and Tammy have been amazing enough to let me move in with them and I have been surprised at the positive feelings that I have been having about it. I mean, let's face it, evanston wyoming? not exactly my dream town, especially when I was having so much fun in salt lake. While I was waiting for those expected negative feelings to overcome me I have really just continued to feel like everything is right in the world. I love being at Josh and Tammy's and helping out however I can. It is always fun watching the kids and relaxing to just watch movies or play on youtube, etc with J and T. Plus, Josh is taking care of my laptop that has been in desperate need of some TLC which I am just not educated enough to give it. I still haven't broken in to the Evanston single society but I figure that will come with time. I'm still traveling to salt lake pretty frequently to see friends I've made there so I'm sure that when I finally stick around for a weekend I will have a better chance to make some friends here. So, I guess my old stake president was right (President Turner in Laramie) when he said every time he talked to us to unpack our boxes and make every new place a home and a place worth staying in. While I have needed that little attitude adjustment over the past 10 months and 5 moves, I think I am finally starting to get it and things are no longer looking as bleak as they did when I would start to pack those first boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady!! How are you??? I had no idea you had a blog!! How is everything going in Evanston? Are you enjoying it? Are you meeting any amazing single men? Let me know! It was awesome seeing you the other day at the football game! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete