Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Joys of Single Life

As you may have noticed blogging is not my specialty. In fact, I think that my 1 weak attempt at a post so far has been pretty sad. Forgive me. I couldn't keep a journal either so just make do with the snippets you get ha ha ha.

A lot has happened in the past 2 months since my last post. I went on a road trip to Lovell, WY with Chantel and Michael over the 4th of July and we had a lot of fun! Then I got kicked out of Jordan's house, but it is short term :) Really, poor Jordan just didn't want to have to move all of my crap upstairs when they flip flopped apartments with their renters, and I don't blame her for that. She says I can move back in but who knows if that will really happen? I started nannying for Josh and Tammy while they have hectic schedules. Then Chantel and Michael had to go and get married...tear. Ok, I'm not really sad, it is just so hard to believe that my baby sister is married...to a guy...that she lives with. I never thought the day would come but I'm so happy for those two crazy kids and I'm happy to have Michael in the family for reals now.

There has been a lot of post wedding and post reception excitement that I should probably share. First is the scary exciting story of how I got hit by a car. Here is the rundown. I was watching Dakota and Izzy at Josh and Tammy's in Evanston when this all went down. Tammy was leaving for work and basically to calm the beast that was going to be Dakota we both told him that I could take him to the park. No problem, the park is just across the street. So I had just gotten out of the shower and Tammy left so I put shoes on the 3 of us and we took our jaunt to the park. Only problem is, we never made it there. We were crossing the street (no cars both ways, looked and looked again) and when we were about half way across the street an suv pulled on to the street we were crossing, still forever away but Dakota saw it so he kind of sped up and was walking in front of me. Next thing I know I'm knocked off my feet by a little black car, the driver of which was a little blonde high school chick who I am willing to bet was texting or on the phone. So, my flip flops go flying, luckily Dakota was in front of me so he didn't get scratched even, and somehow I managed to catch Izzy before she could fall out of my arms - seriously a miracle. We scrambled over to the sidewalk and I was seriously thinking the whole time that this couldn't possibly be happenning to me and the whole things was just unreal. I mean, how many people do you know personally that have been hit by a car? Well, now you know me I guess. I had my first ambulance ride and got to experience the ER. They took x-rays of my knee which turned out to be ok. Nothing seriously damaged, just bumps and bruises. Both knees were quite banged up and my left elbow where I smacked the ground before Izzy could turned out to be the most irritating ouchy of the whole event. Thank heavens for a loving Father in Heaven and guardian angels, all 3 of us were looked out for that day!

Other exciting news is my trip to Bear Lake with my singles/university ward in slc. Mind you, this was only 3 or 4 days post car accident that I struck out on my journey to the lake but I had been absent from my ward here for over a month and I needed some serious social time to "heal." I could go in to so much detail but that would just get old fast. Suffice it to say that I met a lot more people and got to know the ones I was already friends with better. Super Hottie 1 taught me to dance and gave me a kiss and Super Hottie 2 taught me how to country swing and just being in their presence was enough to make me forget my aches and pains. I got out on the waverunner for a bit but didn't get to try wakeboarding due to hurt knees so I guess I'll save that for next time. We camped out in tents and the first night there was practically a tornado that tore 1 tent in half, snapped the thick bar of our big tent, and sent 2 more tents flying through the field we were staying in. The next night was beautiful though and we got to lay out under the stars and watch the meteor showers. Of course the temperature dropped dramatically overnight so everyone in my car called it a day and headed back to the city. All I can say is that while it is nice to see all my friends getting married and having kids even, I am still really enjoying the single life. I love the friends I have and the friends I am making and while I'm excited for the next step in life, this one isn't as bad as I once thought it was :)

1 comment:

  1. Olivia, I'm so glad you survived your crazy car accident, that is so insane! So glad you are a blogger, because I miss seeing your beautiful face in church every week! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete