Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yearly Post.....

Well it appears that I am incapable of posting more than once a year on my little blog and it is that time of the year again. When reading my last post I realized just how much has changed since you last heard from me. First and foremost I GOT MARRIED! Several years ago my dear friend Mandy Hathaway told me I should go out with her brother when he got home from his mission and I immediately disregarded the comment because in all honesty, if he was on his mission at the time then I was already older than him and if it was Mandy's brother then chances are that I would be taller than him.....and I was right on both counts. Wouldn't you know it, at the beginning of my semester back in Laramie I meet up with some old friends that had just returned from missions and they are roommates with this Hathaway fellow I was supposed to meet. After I met Evan Hathaway we became fast friends and soon went on our first date September 19th, 2010 to a Lynyrd Skynyrd/Dierks Bentley concert as a result of a bet - a better story than it sounds like :) We made a bet that basically resulted in us going on a date no matter who won and since Evan asked me out first I had to take him on a date too. Immediately we we set for two dates and we never stopped dating once we started. In March after Evan returned from a week long spring break trip to Texas with a truck full of guys it must have made him realize that life without me was unbearable :) so he asked me to marry him and I promptly said yes! We were married in the Logan temple June 10, 2011 and have been living in happiness for the past 5 months. For those that have also been through the newlywed stage you can appreciate what it means when I say that WE STILL LOVE EACH OTHER!

Additionally, I have been working on a Masters Degree in History for the past semester and that means I am almost a quarter of the way done! Evan is an AgroEcology major and studies all sorts of plants and bugs and soils that I don't even pretend to understand but I appreciate what he is learning and try to show an interest when he asks me if I know the name for a plant while we are walking around outside. If all goes according to plan then we will both graduate around the same time and then the big decisions begin.....where will we live? when will we have kids? what will we name them? what jobs will we have? The list goes on. Anyways, that should have caught people up for the most part and in true Olivia fashion I will end by saying I'll make an attempt to be better at this blogging thing. Also, I'm attempting pictures.....who knows how that will work out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well its about freaking time!! Do you realize I almost had a heart attack when your blog came to the top of my list as being the most currently update?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding - I second Chan's post. Do you suppose it has anything to do with the 6000 word paper that is due?! Procrastination at its best....

    ReplyDelete